Saturday, October 2, 2010

free topic: my learning styles

Intrapersonal Intelligence is the strongest aspect of the way I mainly choose to learn. In knowing I am intrapersonal, I know my own self very well. “The person with intrapersonal intelligence can be inroverted, prefers to work alone, and has a clear knowledge of what he or she needs in most settings,” (wisegeek.com). The reason I can work and learn so well by myself is that I know myself very well. Because I know myself so easily, I know the best ways to study alone that will allow me to be a successful student. I have a clear knowledge of what I need in order to study successfully. Although I have a clear knowledge of what I need to be a successful student, the biggest danger involved with intrapersonal intelligence is your social life. “The inherent danger of intrapersonal intelligence is that the person becomes too reclusive because he or she is most satisfied by his or her own thoughts or work,” (wisegeek.com). Intrapersonal intelligence sometimes keeps you reclusive and antisocial because of the fact that you mainly rely on yourself for help, and do not go to others for help as much as yourself.
My second most used way of learning is musical/rhythmic intelligence. Because of this, I tend to study very well while listening to a beat or music. “Just think of how music can calm you when you are stressed, stimulate you when you are bored, and help you attain a steady thythm in such things as typing and exercising,” (wikispaces.umb.edu). When I listen to music and do daily school homework, I tend to learn and absorb much more information quickly compared to if I wasn’t listening to music. This allows me to learn quickly. Also, music motivates me to finish my school homework; I am extremely motivated when I listen to music. Although I learn quickly and am motivated by musical/rhythmic intelligence, I sometimes tend to go off topic when I listen to music. I sometimes need to work on staying on topic while listening because it motivates me to do other things besides school work. Because of Musical/Rhythmic Intelligence, I can learn quickly and easily, which greatly helps my school career at ASTI.

No comments:

Post a Comment