Saturday, December 11, 2010

Responce To Luise's blog post on substitutes

I found an interesting blog post that Luise wrote about substitues.
"I hate it when people try and take advantage of substitutes like if they do not even know the rules of the school. In my old school, taking advantage of substitutes continuously happened throughout the year. I admit it I also used to take advantage but sometimes there is a limit. Some people take it too far."
I have the same feeling about taking advantage of substitutes.  Many if the substitute teachers I have encountered at ASTI are extremely nice. They constantly try to give us meaningful information and do their best when subing, rain or shine. I find that whether or not students like a substitute or not, they still take advantage of them.

An example of a great substitute teacher at ASTI is the one Mrs. Corbally always hires. He is a great English teacher in general. He always has great topics and ideas to discuss regarding lesson plans and never asks much of us. He unfortunately cannot control a classroom properly. Literally, when he talks, no one listens to him; they talk in their own conversations. Yes, he may be boring, but the fact is, he wants to teach us and cares about what we learn. Does nobody understand that? When you are extremely disrespectful to a substitute like him, you are disrespectful to your own education.

I feel that no one respects substitute teachers because socially, that is accepted. I feel this is wrong. Substitutes were once teachers too. The only difference is their job is temporary now. They still care about us and our education. For example, Ms. Corbally's substitute has taken the time to learn all of our names. I have never seen a substitute ever do that. He also takes the time to try and teach us meaningful information. In a sense, you are almost slapping a sub in the face if you disrespect them like many do.

Subs want to help us and care about all of us. We need to in turn show our care for them too. If you don't appreciate your education, leave the classroom instead of wasting the sub's time. Teachers are extremely important figures in society and everyone should realize that; they care for our future, even subs.

1 comment:

  1. haii~~~
    i responded~~~
    http://thecoolestamber.blogspot.com/2010/12/on-appreciating-substitutes.html
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    :D~

    ReplyDelete