Besides using annotating for topics/golden lines, I also use them because they help me understand and comprehend the story when I read. This is because I am forced to think about good essay topics and find deep, meaningful golden lines. It allows me to eventually understand and comprehend the story itself. Basically, annotating helps me gain knowledge of the story for myself; I personally benefit from it. This is because I am forced to find deeper meanings in the story which open up knew knowledge that I can gain.
Although annotating may seem easy, it truthfully can be hard; I have personally faced many problems when annotating. The problem I usually face is how to find deep and meaningful essay topics. I face this problem because I have to find "golden lines" throughout a whole book, without being repetitive. To solve this problem, I usually find individual topics in each paragraph that are deep and meaningful; At the end of the chapter, I choose the most important topics and write them down. This solves my problem with annotating.
In conclusion, annotating is a very helpful way of supporting you when reading a book. They allow you to find deep/meaningful meanings in an essay and also gain personal knowledge that you can gain. It is a very healthy activity learning activity you can use to enhance your reading experience as a student and personal reader.
-Jackson Follrath
No comments:
Post a Comment